Beautifully renovated and expended 4-square home in historic Washington Grove. Originally built in 1919, the renovation was completed in 2008. The lower level features a gourmet kitchen with quartz counters, Viking induction cooktop, Jenn-air double refrigerator/freezer, Bosch dishwasher and new LG double oven. It opens onto the great room with surround sound, recessed lighting, lots of windows and built in desk and gas Mendota fireplace. Audio/visual systems convey. The front room (living room) has refinished heart of pine floors (as does the entire original house). On either side of the living room are two auxiliary rooms - perfect for office and/or sunroom. The separate dining room opens onto the kitchen and great room. Upstairs in the primary suite with a sitting room, 2 walk-in closets and a luxury bath with spacious shower. Three additional bedroom and a full hall bathroom. There are 2 basements, the old basement (celler) has a workbench, laundry area and plenty of storage. The newer basement is accessed from the outside stairs and is perfect for an exercise room, home theater, play room or more storage The 3-car garage is attached by a breezeway. Over the garage is about 1100 sq ft of additional living space. It has a large rec room area with wet bar, 2 bedroom and a full bathroom. Brazilian cherry floors, high ceilings, and opens onto a large deck overlooking the back yard. Perfect for guest quarters, parents, in-laws, returning children....or a home office. There is a separate covered entrance from outside and from the interior of the garage. The Town has awesome amenities: Maple Lake - a SWIMMING lake, tennis courts (and now pickleball), basketball, soccer, 2 forest preserves, walking trails, Marc train and close to Shady Grove Metro.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
Town of Washington Grove
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Public Wa
5,070 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Montgomery County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Hookups in Basement
- Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Cook Top Range, Cooktop Downdraft, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Microwave, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Oil. Heat Pump.
- Unfinished Basement, Workshop
- Insulated, Screened, Vinyl Frame
- 2. Gas Burning.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Cedar Closet, Chair Rail, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces.
- Lot View
- Body of Water
- Maple Lake
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Corner, Cleared, Level, No Thru Street.
- Community Amenities
- Baseball Field, Basketball Courts, Club House, Common Grounds, Community Center, Lake, Party Room, Picnic Area, Pier/Dock, Tennis Courts, Tot Lots/Playground, Water/Lake Privileges
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price